“Give Where You Live”
Give Local York is a fun and inspiring 24-hour online giving event. The goal is simple: inspire York Countians to come together, show pride in their community and contribute to support the life-changing work of local nonprofits.
For the first time ever, on May 4, 2018, York County will be transformed into a community-wide celebration of generosity that benefits hundreds of nonprofit organizations serving York County, presented by the York Federal Fellows Alumni.
Give Local York unites donors, businesses, and organizations in giving back to the communities where we live, work and play. On May 4, every dollar donated at www.givelocalyork.org is stretched with bonus funds provided by our generous sponsors, adding excitement and incentives, while raising essential funds for the work of local nonprofits.
From First Friday activities to dine-outs, flash mobs and more, Give Local York will unite organizations and individuals for 24 hours as part of a deeply engaging fete of good work and giving back in York County.
Give Day Impact
“Giving Days not only raise millions of dollars for local causes, they help strengthen the communities that organize them.”
— “Beyond the Dollars: The Long-Term Value of Giving Days for Community Foundations,” Knight Foundation
Give Days help to grow and democratize philanthropy.
- Many Give Day donors contribute more money to nonprofits than the would have without the campaigns.
- 36 percent of donors surveyed thought they donated more than they would have had the Give Days not occurred.
Many participating nonprofits bring in new money through Give Days.
- On average, 60% of donors are first-time givers each year.
Give Days raise the bar for participating nonprofits.
- Through Give Local York, we will train participating nonprofits in aspects of collecting online gifts, storytelling, marketing and cultivating donors, giving them tools for Give Day and beyond.
- Post-event surveys in 2015 found nonprofits whose representatives attended training sessions raised 100% more than those that did not.
Give Day communities experience an increase in philanthropy and philanthropists as a result of the campaigns.
- According to Give Day Miami, participants from 70 percent of nonprofits surveyed said they believed that the Give Day increased year-round philanthropy in the city.