Resources for Nonprofits
Giving Groundworks Trainings
- Register for the February 19 Giving Groundworks Event Planning Workshop
- 25 in-person spots are available, but the event will be live-streamed on the Give Local York Facebook Page and the recording will be made available after the session
- Register for the March 6th Giving Groundworks: Communicating Your Voice for Give Local York webinar
- Register for the March 8th Q&A with Children Deserve a Chance, the biggest fundraiser in the #ExtraGive
- Kimbia "Keys to Success" Slide Deck (PDF)
- Watch the Kimbia "Keys to Success" Webinar
- Watch the Give Local Grind Webinar
- Watch the Social Media 101 Webinar
Planning Tools and Templates
- Checklist for Nonprofit Organizations (PDF)
- Giving Grind: 8-Week Give Day Workplan (PDF)
- Nonprofit Communications Timeline (PDF)
- Securing a Business Match for Give Local York (PDF)
- Social Media Toolkit (PDF)
- Give Local York Facebook Guidelines (PDF)
Coming Soon: The Marketing Store
Thanks to a partnership with Anstadt Communications, we will soon be able to offer a one-stop-shop to order all of your branded, customizable marketing materials for your Give Local York campaign. Stay tuned for communications when the site goes live!
Logos & Graphics
Right-click (control click) and select "Save Image As..."
- VTKS Poster (https://www.dafont.com/vtks-poster.font)
- Marcelle (https://www.dafont.com/marcelle.font)
RGB 252, 210, 7
RGB 65, 180, 231
RGB 237, 29, 96
Facebook Event Guidelines
Please DO NOT create your own Facebook Event for Give Day on May 4. You may, however, create events for specific activities you have planned to take place on Give Day -- please name these events "GLY: [Your Event Name]" - this will help avoid confusion!
Here’s how to add the main Give Day York Event to your organization’s Facebook Events Calendar:
- Sign into Facebook
- Sign in under whatever account has admin rights to the page you want to add the event to.
- Do steps 2-4 for all the other events you are attending.
- Now all of these show up on your calendar and people know where to find you on Big Give Day. Kind of amazing, right?
Spread the Word
- Invite your Friends, employees, donors & network to like the Give Local York Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/givelocalyork so we can build our social media audience in order to amplify the message later.
- You can do this on Facebook by visiting the page and clicking on the "Invite your friends to like this Page" on the righthand side of the page.
- You can also do this "offline" by emailing your network or private messaging them the link and encouraging them to Like & Follow us: www.facebook.com/givelocalyork.
- RSVP to the Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1591587784213341/ "Give Local York Big Give Day" and invite your friends, colleagues & network
- You can do this on Facebook by visiting the event page and clicking on the down arrow on the "Share" button and selecting "Invite friends"
- You can also do this "offline" by emailing your network or private messaging them the link and encouraging them to RSVP: https://www.facebook.com/events/1591587784213341/
- PLEASE DO NOT CREATE YOUR OWN GIVE DAY FACEBOOK EVENT, UNLESS IT'S FOR A SPECIFIC ACTIVITY YOU HAVE PLANNED DURING THE DAY.
- You can add the Main Facebook Event for Give Day to your Facebook Page's Events Calendar. Instructions on how to do that can be found by clicking here (PDF).
- Encourage colleagues, nonprofits, potential sponsors, potential donors, etc. to sign up for the mailing list to stay informed.
- Talk about the event! In meetings, at networking events, on social media (hashtag #givelocalyork). Help us start to spread the word!